Joomla 1.5.15 was released last week and as always, it is a good idea to keep your site current. I have previously explained how to do this manually, but let's have a look at how to update Joomla using a free extension.
- Backup your site files and database via your hosting control panel or better still, use Akeeba Backup
- Download and install Joomla Update Manager (you can review how to install extensions in lesson 12 of our free Joomla tutorials)
- In Administrator, go to Components - Update Manager
- Read the introduction and click download the update file
- Click Patch package
- Click you can proceed with the install
Check all of your site's functionality to ensure that the update has not caused any problems.